"I want adventures in the great wide somewhere" Beauty and the Beast

Wednesday 11 February 2015

staff day out


10/2/15


Eating the Cookies Sarah W sent us!
As is tradition here at the Chalet, each season of volunteers gets a 'Staff Day Out' towards the end of their time volunteering.  The time which we have to return home and back to reality is coming on fast, which is quite sad.

Our day started with the new tradition of all staff monthly meetings.  We discussed the 'customer journey' as well as possible improvements which could be made to the process, this was just one among many things which we discussed during the morning. Just before 12 we concluded the meeting and started our staff day out activities.

Katrina and Mara had organised all of the Staff Day Out activities and challenges, a big thank you to them! A couple of nights before today we had got a list of things we would need to pack and bring with us.
Bye Jen!
These included:
- Torch
- Bathing suit and towel
- Good shoes
- Shampoo, conditioner etc
- Box of matches
- Hairbrush
- Something green
- Our Chalet song book
- Your Necker
- Your splendid scouting and guiding attitude

Our first activity was to get into pairs.  Each person could only use one arm, so that between the two of you you had both a left and a right arm.  From there it was a race to see who could wrap a teddy bear in newspaper the fastest with the littlest amount of masking tape.  Ana and I were paired together and we won the fastest pair to wrap their teddy, however Chloe and Danielle won on the amount of tape used.




After eating lunch in the Conference room, we all piled into the car and van and headed off.  Our first stop was a fuel station in Reinbach, where we all piled out of the cars and walked over to a low wall.  Here Tanya told us our first challenge was to explain the historical value of the wall.  The information was less than a metre away from us, just behind a metre high wall off snow.  It turns out the Rienbach is where the valley is at its narrowest, so the wall used to be a military defence system against invaders.



Then Mara had us pair up again, this time I was with Victoria, and we had to tie a knot in a length of rope using only our feet.  Mara then informed us that this was the first of seven stops we would be making today, all important historical landmarks.  This, much to my disappointment, as we not so later found out was a lie.  We all piled back into the car and van and headed off again.

Eventually we ended up in a parking lot of a  major shopping centre, just outside Bern.  Inside this shopping centre was Bern Aqua, a water park.  This is where we found out the historical landmarks thing was a lie and instead we were being released into a water park, Bern Aqua, with four water slides and multiple indoor and outdoor pools.

Unfortunately we couldn't take pictures inside so I have nothing to show you ... but here are some I stole off the internet...

 
The inside of one of the slides
One of the two outdoor pools (chlorine)


We met up outside the water park at 5:20 to drive back to the Chalet.  It appears a wonderful day was had by all as it was mostly silent on the drive home! I dozed and fell asleep at one point and I'm sure wasn't the only one!



..::..

Staff Murder Mystery Game:

My first victim was Chloe, I had to kill her near the tool shed with a plushie toy.  I must have something with this tool shed!  I managed to lure her there under the pretense that I had dropped my ring in the snow, low I know.  When she came to help I tapped her with a stuffed doll from the back of the kitchen.  

Chloe then gave me Sarah.  I had to kill her in the dry storage with a pair of skis.  Fortunately one night it was Ana, Sarah and I one dinner, and even more fortunately one of the guests had left a pair of skis in the boot room.  This meant all I had to do was get Sarah in the dry storage.  I convinced Ana to call to Sarah that she couldn't find something whilst I waited in the dry storage.  Thankfully Sarah fell for it and I was able to kill her too !

Sarah gave me Victoria as my next victim, but unfortunately I was unable to kill her before today.  Which meant I didn't get to serial killer status this game :(







No comments:

Post a Comment