"I want adventures in the great wide somewhere" Beauty and the Beast

Tuesday 17 February 2015

pancakes for pancake day


17/2/15

It was a very Australian day at the Chalet today as the three volunteers working on Guest services were Bethany, Sarah S, and I, all Australians! We started breakfast at 7:30 and amazingly we had finished by 9:25 am, before morning meeting.  We have decided to have a competition and see who can finish the earliest this week whilst we have an influx of guests!

After breakfast we had morning meeting and then started our jobs.  I seem to be the one who enjoys vacuuming, so guess what I was doing in the morning! It's nice though, as I get to put my head phones in and jam away as I work! 

Jenny and her friend Christine arrive last night, they are here to help for our last two weeks in the kitchen and with guest services.  Jenny comes to the Chalet regularly, both to visit and to volunteer!  Jenny organised lunch while Christine helped us with our morning duties.  At lunch there was so much food! Jenny decided to go through the kitchen and the fridge and use up just about all the food in there! That meant lots of choice for lunch!

After lunch and clean up (which took longer than normal because we were talking so much!!)  we were lucky enough to be able to have a break until 4 when we had to start dinner... I actually took some steps in organizing my life and organized some more of my uni work for when I return!

Dinner was Sweet and Sour Chicken, served with rice and salad.  We had to make so much of it it actually warranted using Pollard.  Pollard is our big cooker... I don't really know what he is, look at the pic and you can decide...

Because I was on evening program, it meant that I didn't have to do dinner clear up (Yayy!).  Instead I had a dessert meeting with Chloe, Jen and Sarah S, to discuss program.  I was to be on making the fondue for the guests.  Jen was joining me and together we chopped apple, banana and dried apricots, and placed them along with some biscuits on a tray. Together with A gravy boat of fondue we served this to the guests at the end of Swiss Night.

To top off the evening, we decided we would celebrate Shrove Tuesday, or Pancake Day when we got back to Stockli.  Katrina and Chloe made pancakes and everyone else ate them along with some left over whipped cream and fondue! Best way to end the night!







No comments:

Post a Comment