"I want adventures in the great wide somewhere" Beauty and the Beast

Monday 9 February 2015

heading to rome


5/2/15

This morning I was on breakfast, which means I have to be up and in the kitchen by 7:30 am.  My half asleep self this morning didn't seem to agree, and when I woke up at 7, so I would have time to have a shower etc, I reset my alarm fro 7:30. I remember thinking 7:30 was an important time at which I had to do something but I assumed in my half asleep state that it was the time I had to get up.  When 7:30 came around, I jumped out of bed and got dressed in a flash and was in the kitchen by 7:32.

The rest of the morning wasn't so eventfully. thankfully!  After clearing up from breakfast I went to morning meeting. We had relocated our meeting into the Conference Room as the Auditor was here and he was using the Helen Storrow room  This confused me for the entire meeting, as I kept thinking we were in the Helen Storrow room and wondering why people kept saying 'the floor up' or 'above us'.  It was because we were downstairs in the basement in the Conference Room and not on the normal floor in the Helen Storrow room.

At morning meeting, Mara informed us that it was International Chocolate Fondue Day.  As a group we decided that we should have chocolate fondue at some point.  As we had guests we would be having dessert and it seemed like the right thing to do to swap whatever dessert was planned with chocolate fondue.  Tanya even gave us permission to do so!

Then we finally got started on the morning jobs.


'Scrub the floor Cinderelley' - Rachael



Before lunch I was able to squeeze in the shower I had missed that morning... I was once again clean!

Lunch was a full laid out meal, as we had the Auditor present.  We cooked fresh Alpine Mac and Apple Sauce with salad.  Once clean up was done we had the afternoon off before dinner.  Charlotte and I packed for Rome, as we were heading off that evening after dinner.

Because Dinner was Rostti and Ratatouille we didn't have to start cooking dinner until 4:45 pm.  As decided earlier we also made Chocolate Fondue for dessert.  We had chopped up a lot of fruit in order to have lots to dip into the chocolate.

 


Once we had finished dinner and clean up, Charlotte and I got changed and grabbed all our gear.  We walked down to the bus stop and catch the bus to Frutigen Train Station.  From there we caught the train to Zurich Airport.  Our flight wasn't until 7:20 am the next morning but there wasn't a bus early enough to get us there if we left in the morning.  So we had to crash on the air port floor...




No comments:

Post a Comment