"I want adventures in the great wide somewhere" Beauty and the Beast

Sunday 22 February 2015

fighting with hahnenmoos


21/2/15


This morning I was up and out by 8 am.  I was heading out skiing for the day by myself.  I walked, carrying my skis down to Oey, and from there caught the gondola up to the top of Silleren.  I skiied for about an hour and a half with no problems.  However that changed one run when I came down from Hahnenmoos heading to Giles.  I decided to pick a fight with the mountain.  I was unable to turn fast enough as I came up on the side of the run, and I plowed into the ice wall created when the run is pisted.  It was pretty spectacular and would have been really impressive if caught on film! But as with most fights people pick with mountains, I lost.  I lost one ski which remained on the run, on pole which went further down the mountain off the side of the run, one ski stayed on my foot and my other pole decided to join in the fight and punch me in the lip.  I subsequently have a lovely bruised and split lip.  Apart from that I was ok (this is why I bought a  helmet!!).  I managed to get up and get my gear back together, and as you know, once your on a run the only way down is in a stretcher or to ski down, so I managed to get to the bottom, but then decided to call it a day.  I headed back to Oey on the gondola and then walked up the hill (slowly and slightly painfully) to Our Chalet.

I spent the rest of the afternoon sitting on the couch watching movies and with a heat pack on my hip! I'm fine though, just going to have some lovely bruises and a nice fat lip for a couple of days! And it definitely hasn't put me off skiing!

Here are some of the pictures skiing I took before my fall:

 

 
A bridge and the freshly piste run I got to ski on






No comments:

Post a Comment