"I want adventures in the great wide somewhere" Beauty and the Beast

Wednesday 25 February 2015

an inside outdoor bbq


24/2/15

Oh the weather outside is frightful, (definately)
And the fire is so delightful, (we didn't have a fire)
And since we've no place to go (we did)
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow (please stop snowing!)

Oh it doesn't show signs of stopping (so true!)
And I've bought some corn for popping (I wish)
The lights are turned way down low (it was so white outside you couldn't see anything)
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow (Please please stop!!)

It was so snowy and foggy outside this morning that we decided to change the initial plans around.  We were supposed to be going on the Engstligenalp Hike day, instead we stayed at the Chalet and had a movie and snow fun day. We set the guests up with 101 Dalmatians on the projector in the Conference Room and then in the front yard with the igloo building things.

We had an indoor snow BBQ at 12 pm in the dinning room.  Bratwurst, rolls, salad, and Toblerone were all served from the dinning room table and we ate inside.  It was still really snowy and foggy outside but we headed up to Engstligen anyways.  Migue drove us to the bottom of the gondola in two separate groups, we didn't all fit in the van! I took the first group and Charlotte took the second.

It was so white on the top of Engstligen you couldn't see about 5 metres in front of your face.  It made snowtubing interesting!

 


At dinner, we swapped onto guest services.  We cleaned up after Alpine Mac (yay scrubbing dishes), whilst the guest services team swapped onto program and ran Swiss night.

After dinner we had wine and cheese night in Stockli.  Sarah did everyones make up, Migue wouldn't let us do his though!  It was the last time we would see Mara, as she was going on holiday to Finland.  She wrote us this poem to say thank you and good bye:

I would like to thank you all,
who live within the Stöckli’s walls,
for this amazing winter season –
you are truly the greatest reason,
for my smiles and all the fun,
and so I’ll miss you when you’re gon’.
I hope your time here was great,
and I must say I cannot wait,
to meet you all again someday,
to sing and joke and just be gay.
Off you go, my dearest gals,
I hope we’ll always stay as pals.
Don’t forget the Chalet’s magic –
that would simply be too tragic.
Travel safely back to home,
whether it’s in Perth or Rome.

Now I must say näkemiin,
‘cause come next morning I won’t be seen.

Thank you, Gracias, Merci, Kiitos & Goodbye, Hasta Luego, Auf Wiedersehen, Näkemiin.”


No comments:

Post a Comment